Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to express your love and appreciation to family and friends, and making these little round tins is an inexpensive way to create cute little gifts. They can be filled with an assortment of fun treats, so your friends will be delighted when one of these tins shows up on their doorstep.
- 4 sheets colored paper
- Assorted ribbon
- Single-heart punch
- Multiple-heart punch
- 1-inch round punch
- 1-1/2 inch round punch with scalloped edge
- Assorted candies
- Various 2-ounce shallow round tins with clear tops
1. Using the multiple-heart punch, cut out a small pile of hearts.
2. With the single-heart punch, cut out several heart shapes.
3. With the scalloped-edge round punch, cut out several scalloped shapes to be used as tags.
4. With the round punch, cut out several circles to be placed on top of the scalloped punches.
5. Place a small dollop of glue on the bottom of each tin.
6. Cut a piece of ribbon and lay the center of it over the glue.
7. Repeat step 6 with various colors of ribbon and wait for them to dry.
8. Fill each tin with an assortment of candies and paper hearts.
9. Place a round punch on top of a scalloped punch and cut a hole through each with a single-hole punch.
10. String the tag through the ribbon and tie each into a bow over the top of the tin.
11. Now pass the candy tins out to all your friends and family or that special someone!
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day, and may you feel loved on that special day. For other great DIY ideas, check out SheKnows.com!